« Home | Zack Snyder doesn't think Christopher Nolan is muc... » | Superman/Batman will enter public domain in about ... » | Skybound comics publishing a de facto sequel to ol... » | This year's comicon in Hyderabad, India » | Comics "journalism" no longer has an Eisner awards... » | What Jimmy Palmiotti's offering as a contribution ... » | Old copy of Spider-Man's premiere issue sells for ... » | Indian education department allowing a UNESCO prop... » | Jason Aaron gets the Ninja Turtles assignment » | Some disturbing info about Lupin the Third's 5th T... » 

Tuesday, January 23, 2024 

Spain's industry

Euro Weekly has a short article about the comics medium in Spain:
Who would have thought that the humble comic book should be the topic of a serious and significant review promoted by the Spanish Government?

Spain has a thriving comic book industry

On January 18, the Minister of Culture, Ernest Urtasun, accompanied by the Secretary of State for Culture, Jordi Martí, and the general director of Books, Comics and Reading, María José Gálvez, along with the president of the Sectorial Association of the Comic, Alejandro Casasola, presented the White Book of Comics in Spain, the largest study that has been carried out on the comic sector in Spain.

The following day, representatives of the comic industry were invited to meet with Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez where he was presented with his own copy of the document.
I'd appreciate this news a lot more if it weren't for the fact Sanchez is such a leftist. I'm sure Spain has plenty of comics to consider. But it's regrettable a government led by somebody as troubling as Sanchez are the ones working on this promotional project.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.