« Home | More on a Montreal-based comics creator's suit aga... » | What does Tintin teach about imperialism? » | Surely it's too soon to conclude video game film a... » | James Tynion believes capitalism caused decay » | North Korean animators said to have worked on anim... » | Pennsylvania specialty store does little to differ... » | Don't be fooled by this supposed satire of corpora... » | Adding Marvel movie originals to the comics univer... » | Jonathan Hickman turns out a crossover between Ave... » | Jason Aaron returns to Marvel to turn Sub-Mariner ... » 

Monday, April 29, 2024 

More on the Ed Piskor suicide scandal

The UK Mail has another item containing screencaps of what the now deceased Pittsburgh cartoonist Ed Piskor wrote in his defense following accusations of "grooming" from a woman cartoonist that he says were hugely exaggerated. Here's a sample of what he claimed on the side, and you can check the rest at the link. For now, what else I will highlight here is what a brother of Piskor's had to say:
Piskor's distraught younger brother Bobby, 38, reacted to his sibling's death with his own Facebook post blasting internet trolls.

He said of the words 'I was murdered by internet bullies' that 'I will never be able to get out of my head. These words will forever be cemented all across the internet.'

'The fact is that my brother was murdered by internet bullies. People found the humor to speak about a series of untruths, fictitious excerpts that glorified a certain narrative.

'The words you all wrote, that made you all so very proud, had a lot of meaning to my brother. In his eyes, he let his family down. When it fact; the internet bullies let HIM down. These words hurt. They hurt so many people.'
If anybody thought this was literally funny and hilarious, that's downright offensive, and strongly suggests they didn't think it was a serious matter, yet sought any way they could to destroy the man's reputation sans any altruism. All for cheap, repellent laughs. That's sick. If a lawsuit can be brought against any of the offending internet trolls, they're asking for it.

Labels: , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.