« Home | The more things "change" the more they end up appa... » | "TC" for terrorism chic? » | And now...conservative comic books come into play » | I'm boycotting Bill Willingham's books » | Going on a trip up north tomorrow » | Manga movies » | Justice miniseries from DC » | Graphic novels take alt-comics into the realm of l... » | Zatanna #3's self-criticism would be more convinci... » | C.H.U.D writes about Messner-Loebs, and why to buy... » 

Friday, September 09, 2005 

Beginning now as a contributing columnist for Paperback Reader

Today, with this starting column, in which I ponder an the difference in reactions to Marvel and DC's "event" publishing of last year (and also try and offer some positive arguments for both Sue Dibny and Jean Loring), I begin now as a contributor to Paperback Reader.

Let me thank Chris Partin and company again for their invitation to join their editorial staff, which was quite a pleasant surprise (again, I do hope there's no hard feelings from Barry, whom, as I assured later on, my disagreement with one of his earlier columns wasn't personal, of course). In fact, now that I think of it, Paperback Reader may be by far one of the best websites to come my way, and I most certainly do enjoy writing.

I've already submitted another column in the meantime, and for now, I'll see if I can work things out on a bi-weekly basis.

In the meantime, I'd thought of something else that I could do as a blog project for whenever I'm blogging. I won't say what it is just now, just that it's mostly history related, but I'll hopefully get around to it.

Meanwhile, let me thank Chris and company again, and I hope to be able to do my best, for both them and me, in writing all about my leading favorite pastime, comics.

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.