« Home | Zadzooks goes down to zero » | Today, I'm going to the Tel Aviv Comics Convention » | But what's the troops opinion on the story? » | No room for escapism » | More art than writing projects? » | Fans need to focus their criticism on the apologis... » | One more reason why comics get ruined: costly delays » | Continuity is what makes comics go around » | History of comics from Holland » | DC's superhero stamps » 

Monday, August 28, 2006 

Matthew Broderick almost suffered an accident similar to Christopher Reeve's

Not directly comics related, but, as I found out a short while ago, actor Matthew Broderick came close to sustaining an injury similar to that of Christopher Reeve's in 1995:
NEW YORK - Matthew Broderick's vacation in Ireland was marred when he suffered a broken collarbone after falling off a horse Sunday, his publicist, Simon Halls, told The Associated Press.

The 44-year-old actor, accompanied by actress-wife Sarah Jessica Parker, was treated and released from a hospital the same day, Halls said.

"He's fine. He's just been in a little bit of pain," Halls told the AP on Monday.
Broderick is very fortunate not to have ended up paralyzed like Christopher Reeve was when he went horseback riding 11 years ago. No doubt that must've been a very terrible experience for Reeve back at the time, one that otherwise ended his own acting career, though he did star in a cable TV remake of Rear Window and in an episode of Smallville. That's the sad thing about reality, that, while Superman is immune to injuries like what Reeve sustained, the actor playing him in the 1978 movie classic is not.

Reeve visited Israel back in 2003, and that was quite flattering and an honor for him to come here (he even said it was a "super" place!). That's one more thing for which I maintain the highest repect for Reeve.

And back to Broderick now, I must say that he's very lucky not to have ended up in the same situation as Reeve. To be paralyzed like that is doubtlessly one of the most unpleasant experiences one can have.

Here's also the link to the Paralysis Resource Center that Reeve and his wife Dana founded.

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.