« Home | 300 is a success, but there's liberals and a surpr... » | Comics may have gone too far in how they deal with... » | Stephen King ventures into comics. Big deal » | Another astute observation on how Capt. America "e... » | More publicity stunts from Marvel, with Capt. Amer... » | Courier-Journal interviews Scott McCloud » | The "new" WW may contain the same darkness errors ... » | Scripps-Howard's never-ending fluff-coating » | NY Daily News article on the 300 movie » | Dan Buckley sounds like he's parroting DC's excuses » 

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 

Marvel mishandled retailing sales of Captain America #25

A retailer at ICV2 echoes a similar sentiment to mine and various others, that Joe Quesada should resign as Marvel's EIC:
I'd like to respond to John Riley's comments on Captain America. Diamond was sold out of Captain America on Sunday night. I always do my re-orders on Sunday night and when I went to increase my orders on Captain America #25, they were already sold out. So obviously there were dealers who had inside information about this book. It must be nice to have inside information like that. There have always been extras on all of the Civil War books except this one. Hmmmmm! Sounds like a scandal to me. But that is the beauty of a one distributor system!

Last night I asked myself how I could have missed ordering big on this book, so I looked in the December Marvel Previews and there was one of those black classified stamps across the content description for Captain America #25. How silly and ignorant is that. What other surprises await us with the other "classified" books?

Marvel handled this poorly. They made us retailers (with the exception of the retailers who had inside information) look like morons! They cost us sales and hurt customers. Let me be the first to call for the resignation of Joe Quesada. This was a huge blunder for Marvel and the industry as a whole.
More than just that, it was an insult to fans, and really, the audience would do better not to waste time and money upon their latest publicity stunt. Still, this is interesting in a way, because it shows that, while no doubt Marvel is hoping to make big money out of this, they went about it surprisingly poorly. The store manager here is right, Quesada should resign, and this may be just what's needed in order to see to it that he finally takes a hike.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.