« Home | Providing more clarification for Jean Loring » | Dan DiDio continues to be comedic » | Will Pfeiffer screws up » | Graphic novel sales picking up with all ages » | Anime documentary » | College newspapers are becoming dreadful » | Comic art classes » | Brubaker is writing a series connected with the Tr... » | They can weather a bad story...but for how long? » | Flash #233: something just doesn't seem right abou... » 

Monday, December 24, 2007 

The possibility that Mary Jane would turn out to be a Skrull?

I looked at an argument on the forum of another website a short time ago, talking about how less certain they are that Quesada's editorial staff are going to back away from throwing out the Spider-Marriage.

You know what? Even I'm beginning to wonder that too, that they're going to go right ahead and do it, regardless of the reaction (a message boarder from Texas said that his local comic store manager was worried about what this could mean for what's to follow). But at the same time, I'm starting to wonder if they intend to trick one and all by revealing that Mary Jane turns out to be a Skrull. What led me to wonder this is that another commentor said it's possible that Peter Parker will be revealed as a Skrull. They didn't actually say MJ, but it led me to start contemplating that, and it all likely ties into the next crossover they have around the corner.

But does that mean that all should be forgiven if that's how it turns out? The answer is no. They've been pulling more than enough tasteless publicity stunts by now with their crossovers, which have almost entirely taken the place of tasteful storytelling, that I don't see any real reason why to continue putting money into Quesada's pocket, if anyone. Besides, he's been hammering people over the head ever since the start of his run as EIC about how he wants to get rid of the Spider-Marriage, and it's only helped drain much of the enjoyment out of a once-great book, just like Howard Mackie and JMS after him.

Even if they don't destroy Peter and Mary's marriage, that doesn't mean most people should keep on with it, if it ends up helping Quesada.

Labels: , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.