« Home | Controversy is exactly the problem » | Tribute to Stan Lee in LA » | USA Today writes a weak article on the dissolving ... » | Unsatisfying article about women in writing » | Comic publishing industry may be on the verge of a... » | Almost missed this: Hulk's book taken over by Herc... » | More like a slap in the face » | Marvel still has more badness on the way » | Cleveland's Comics convention is on Sunday » | Article about Florida-based comics collector and s... » 

Saturday, January 12, 2008 

Now I understand: Hulk has been relaunched

So now I understand what Marvel's little game is: they've relaunched the Hulk in a new volume while Hercules takes over what was previously the green goliath's own book in numbering. And the really sickening part? This new Hulk volume may have sold out; people fell for it!

That's the sad thing about the fanbase of Marvel: what Stan Lee worked to build up later transformed into something totally mindless that's willing to buy only so many series regardless of quality. Lee may have had a good idea years ago, but today, that very fanbase may have transformed into something appalling, and if I were Stan, I'd probably be feeling very bad.

It's to be hoped that if this sold big, that it won't last too long. Jeph Loeb has turned out to be one of the most overrated writers of all time, and Ed McGuinness may not be far behind as the artist. At the end of the press release, it says:
Find out just why Wizard named Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness two of the industry’s hottest talents with the book that puts the “red” back in “Incredible!” Marvel urges retailers to check their orders on all issues of Hulk as the buzz and critical acclaim continues to grow around the series!

Now it’s time for Hulk vs Iron Man—‘Nuff Said!
Groan. More Iron Man-bashing, I fear. And the color red, I'd say, only signals danger here.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.