« Home | The media's going out of their way again to cooper... » | Not that cliche again... » | So Sins Past is still in continuity? » | This makes me feel uncomfortable » | In New Avengers, violence is okay, but profanity i... » | Enough of the Emperor's New Clothes act » | I thought it was possible: fans of the Multiverse ... » | CS Indy interviews the Simonsons » | A terrible year for superheroes » | No "event" involving death should be something big » 

Monday, January 28, 2008 

Now Quesada pins the blame on MJ

From this thread on Spider-Man Crawl Space, I'm now making the discovery that Joe Quesada seems to be making his strategy for justifying the end of the Spider-Marriage to claim that Mary Jane was the one who made the decision. Which doesn't make sense, because it was a joint decision of Peter and MJ to deal with Mephisto. However, now that I think of how this was handled, and that the upcoming Jackpot is very likely to be Mary Jane, I've come to realize that in a way, MJ was written as making a decision: it could be that when she whispered something in Mephisto's ear, she was telling him that she'd like for him to make her a superbeing! Which would peg her as an opportunist. Simply awful.

This out-of-character depiction for MJ may have surfaced even earlier during Straczynski's run, when she and Peter got back together: if memory serves, she'd wanted to be more aquainted with the superhero crowd, and there was a rumor at the time that she wanted a piece of the action (translation: to be a superheroine)! It makes no sense to me, as years before, she wasn't interested in having much to do with the rest of the superhero community, no matter how much she admired them, and her main concerns were usually her job as a model.

Obviously, Quesada must think that the audience would be easier with this if it were implied that MJ made the decision rather than Peter. It reminds me of when Identity Crisis framed Jean Loring as the culprit, apparently because they thought that people would be easier with that than if Ray Palmer were the culprit.

So now I see what Quesada's little game is here too: he's trying to turn people against MJ, under the assumption that they can't tell that she's a fictional character, and that it's not her fault for whatever wrongs she supposedly does. Simply disgraceful.

Labels: , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.