« Home | Seventeenth Comic Book Carnival » | Not sure if a memorial is what to ask for » | Barbargsa: Philippine's anti-terror comic book » | Good that I didn't read DC's WW3 » | Then, here's the DC sales analysis... » | Let's see what we have here now in Marvel sales... » | Too many X-books, again » | AP's lip service to Quesada on Capt. America case » | Lack of serious supporting cast is what hurts the ... » | Electronic Arts ends relationship with Marvel » 

Saturday, February 09, 2008 

The Brand New Disgust continues in issue 549

In this thread on CBR, the topic starter tells the following about Amazing Spider-Man #549:
Well, I just finished reading this book and I'm not happy. Not happy at all.

Quesada continues to spit on the face of all of us. First, he made Peter kiss some random girl and now he teases us making Spider-man ask Jackpot if she's MJ!!! That's right, Spider-man just went and ask her if she's MJ!!! And Spidey spent all the issue without webs because he don't have the money to buy the stuff he uses to make webs!!! This is so ridiculous!!!
You know, the more I think about what's been done so far, the more it occurs to me that there's at least one thing in every issue published so far that's editorially mandated, and intended to insult the fans. Just a short while ago, I guessed, and wouldn't be surprised, if Mr. Negative turned out to be a jab at people who disagree with what they're doing!

And it won't surprise me if Jackpot does turn out to be MJ. Quesada, as the one behind all this, is just too predictable.

One of the respondents sums this up correctly:
Man, stop buying it. If everyone who is mad stops buying they will change...if everyone keeps buying and complaining they will continue to do whatever they want.
Amen. Do as the guy says. Stop wasting your money.

Update: well, it's just as I feared. According to this blogger, Spidey physically slugs Jackpot after mistaking her for being a goon of a gangster. And why won't I feel surprised if that turns out be written deliberately? Meaning, not because it makes any sense but because the editors/writers dictated it.

Update 2: say, isn't that Mark Guggenheim who wrote this issue? The same Guggenheim who killed off Bart Allen because wasn't popular in the role of his adult peer, Wally West, as the Flash? One more reason then why one need not bother about his work.

Labels: , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.