« Home | Rare original copy of Action Comics #1 being aucti... » | DiDio fails to provide any logic for bringing back... » | The manga food book » | I doubt these'll be good omens » | Is economic recession finding its way into Batman ... » | January sales: 9 percent decrease » | What if the Watchmen movie is even worse than the ... » | Buying a stunt comic just to make bigger profit of... » | Just what the world needs » | Tom DeFalco may be done at Marvel » 

Saturday, February 28, 2009 

"Shining moments in Avengers #50"? Yeah, right

The Penn. Express-Times continues to fawn laughably over Brian Bendis' work in New Avengers, which is tied into the latest crossover, Dark Reign:
Clint Barton is especially ticked off that former assassin and "Daredevil" villain Bullseye has taken over his old costume and name of Hawkeye.

Barton really becomes the voice of the team in this issue. He makes it the team's mission to expose the villains to the world.
I personally doubt Clint is being handled respectably, considering that he certainly wasn't a few years ago. And the whole idea of Bullseye taking over his costume sounds silly.
When the New Avengers try to lure Osborn's team into a trap, things go wrong.

Instead of taking on Osborn, the Avengers find themselves ambushed by an army of villains led by the Hood.
Oh, the tedious villain who beat up Tigra in a forced storyline a year ago? Nothing to see here then.
This book is full of a lot of great character moments, which is what writer Brian Michael Bendis is known for.

Bendis gives each of the cast a little moment in the story to shine.
Most of the "character moments" here since he took over the book have been so contrived, I don't think it's telling much to say he's "known" for that kind of stuff.
"New Avengers" is Marvel's bestselling book and No. 50 is a good example of why.
And that part is really obscuring the bigger picture.

Labels: , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.