« Home | Wash. Post is right: publishers missing opportunities » | Golden Age Superman gets sent into blackness » | Muslim "heroes" of Kuwait's 99 comic headed for Br... » | Geoff Johns co-writing a Captain Marvel movie » | Playstation offers downloads of Marvel books » | Ms. Marvel splits in two » | DC misprinted Blackest Night #2? » | Manning River's anime festival » | AnimeIowa 2009 » | What a joke... » 

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 

Is Stan Lee finally beginning to speak up?

Stan the Man recently gave an interview on BBC radio, and made the following comment on One More/Brand New Day's aftermath:
Well, I think it was good in the sense that it made a lot of people sit up and take notice and it generated a lot more interest in Spider-Man. But I must admit I agree with you, it wasn’t typical of the Spider-Man we have known and I think they’ll either [be] going to get back to the normal Spider-Man and Mary Jane relationship or they’ve maybe already done it… they will, sooner or later they will, I’m sure of it.
And we the Spider-Fans hope it. Until now, I know that Stan, as a writer who worked at a time when there was a belief that you shouldn't speak negatively about the places you've worked/are working for, was either unlikely or couldn't bring himself to protest the actions of a current Marvel administration. But now, it does look like he may have come to realize that his reluctance to speak out would surely only ensure that the harm done would remain. If he's woken up and come to realize silence gets nowhere, I congratulate him.

Now, if he'd just take his words and record them for an interview stateside, maybe he'd be making even more of a difference.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.