« Home | The Hulk's 50th anniversary » | The origin of Thanos » | Tony de Zuñiga dead at 79 » | USA Today fawns over Liefeld's new take on Grifter » | For this year's FCBD, neither Marvel nor DC are tr... » | James Robinson's hypocrisy with He-Man and DCU » | Why is AV Club recommending Bendis and Millar-writ... » | The best of the Avengers movie prequels » | Rivalry between DC/Marvel fans doesn't help wider ... » | Alonso has no more respect for the disillusioned t... » 

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 

The coming monstrosity with Deadpool

As though it weren't awful enough that Marvel once produced a horrid story called Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe, now they're producing another miniseries called Deadpool Kills the MCU:
The title will see Deadpool kill the Avengers, followed by the X-Men and the Punisher.

"As soon as [editor Jordan D White] mentioned this project to me, I knew this would be my chance to present a version of Deadpool unlike anything fans have seen before," [Cullen] Bunn told Comic Book Resources.

"He's still Deadpool. He's still funny. But he's being seen through a dark, unsettling filter.
It's not funny, and all they're doing is enforcing a numbingly wrongheaded perception of Deadpool as an assassin. And Bunn's only sounding like Garth Ennis: as a writer who hates superheroes so much he's willing to draw up a hatefest of a story about them. I don't see Marvel gaining new audience with this.

Labels: , ,

This just sounds completely stupid. That is definitely NOT why I started reading comics back in the day, to see superheroes get slaughtered for shock value.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.