« Home | Batman may be thriving, but comic sales aren't » | Salon gushes over so-called diversity while callin... » | Gail Simone seemingly cares for marginalized writers » | Slott's ambiguity (and Brevoort's too) » | Ron Marz thinks liberals couldn't possibly be disa... » | The Daily Beast thinks diversity is more important... » | Tony Stark will become an Iron Madman » | The Falcon takes over as Capt. America » | Jonathan Last sounds like he wants Archie comics d... » | Marvel staff tries - but fails - to explain why re... » 

Friday, July 25, 2014 

SDCC coverage again has little to say about printed comics

The AP Wire published their report on this year's SDCC, and again, it's one of those kind of article that has little or nothing to say about comics, so much as it does about the movies and other merchandise based on them. I think this line sums it up best:
Wonder Women, Batmen and other costumed characters fill the downtown streets, where businesses have been transformed into temporary showcases for video games, toys and movies.
But not comics? Why no mention of pamphlets or paperbacks? I think this tells all we need to know about what the mainstream press really thinks of comic books: they probably aren't even interested in reading them.

Labels: ,

Most comics conventions have become "temporary showcases for video games, toys, and movies." There are often more booths and tables devoted to movies and games than to comics. And not even necessarily media adaptations of comics-related stuff (Batman, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy). There are more and more panels and booths for TV shows like Breaking Bad and Mad Men, which have nothing to do with comics. The medium is dying, becoming as obsolete as 8-tack tapes and VCR's.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.