« Home | Israel's 2nd anime convention » | Apps for reading manga panels on Android » | There's still valid reason to take offense at the ... » | Waid hinted contempt for Israel a few months ago » | Why independent creations are finding more audienc... » | An Ohio professor's love for the medium » | Does Marz still think ill of Milo after he intervi... » | Spawn's nasty attack on Trump » | Spencer rewrites past Captain America history » | Busiek must surely take the side of J. Jonah Jameson » 

Monday, August 29, 2016 

CBR's redesign makes it less interesting than before

I hardly look at CBR except to see if there's any dishonest news there I can try to comment on. So upon learning that the site's been redesigned almost throughly devoid of reader comments, I can't say it'll move me to care. The only part of the site that really appealed to me was Comics Should Be Good, and while most of the content written there until now is still intact, the blog itself is gone.

This is what happens when they do nothing to stand up for an art form they supposedly honor. They only end up losing audience and as a result, even the better parts tend to suffer.

Labels: ,

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work.Liquid Level Sensor

I just did a quick look at the site, and it looks cleaner, but I haven't tried to navigate it. However, the logo is rather bland compared to the one they had and CBR must be trying to talk about more than comics. Shame, really.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.