« Home | NY Vulture calls Valiant's villainous bigwig Toyo ... » | DC's canceling quite a few titles, quite possibly ... » | The plus and the minus in CBR's commentary on Marv... » | Seeley adds another Muslim to Green Lantern » | The historical portrayal of doctors and medics in ... » | Conway uses a tragedy as an excuse to attack the NRA » | Relaunching series yet again for a "fresh start"? ... » | Now there's a north Korean/Chinese Aquaman in Luen... » | The JTA fawns over Bendis » | Trinity University discusses racial representation... » 

Sunday, February 25, 2018 

Sitterson despises his former boss

I discovered the now sacked writer for a GI Joe comic at IDW getting frustrated over the appointment of one of their managers to the CBLDF's board:

I think his negative reaction suggests otherwise. This is a telling sign Aubrey Sitterson wont be working for them again any time soon. Heck, there's probably at least a few more companies he won't be working for either if he rails against their own bosses and causes a whole PR disaster. It was good to know IDW realized why making disparaging, politically charged comments on social media is bad for business. As galling as DC still is, even they recently set a good example by issuing guidelines for staff and freelancers about the do's and don'ts on the web. I think even Dark Horse, though they've made mistakes in the past, has contributors who usually recognize why it's bad to make a whole scene on the web over politics as well. It still remains to be seen, however, if Marvel's going to follow their example and come up with clear guidelines of their own. So long as they don't, their bad contributors have every chance of dwindling their fortunes.

Anyway, on the subject of Adams, I hope he'll prove to be a good asset for the CBLDF, and the industry as a whole. If so, then I wish him well in his extra job on their board of directors.

Update: uh oh, it looks like I spoke too soon about IDW's staffers, if the following, by David Mariotte, an associate editor, says anything:

Will the cliched accusations never end? This man is one who's definitely bound to topple IDW's fortunes if he keeps this up, and maybe it's time for any companies providing them with the license to write comics based on their properties to revoke them if men like this keep up their crap.

Labels: , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.