« Home | Tom Taylor turns the Suicide Squad into a wokefest » | Screen Rant believes a Tom King-penned Vision stor... » | Geoff Johns really is disliked at Warner Brothers » | How did DC/Marvel deal with religion, Heaven and H... » | All Dan DiDio regrets from his career at DC is not... » | "Spider-Island" is not something to read during th... » | Polygon fawns over Jonathan Hickman's Secret Wars ... » | Mort Drucker dead at 91 » | Someone at CBR agrees with me about need to change... » | What appeared in Namor's debut book surely wasn't ... » 

Friday, April 17, 2020 

A manga server is providing readers with material during Corona quarantine

The Los Angeles Times tells of a manga mobile service providing people with a 2-month free trial for reading at a time when the Coronavirus crisis is still in effect:
“I grew up reading manga and watching anime as a child in Japan, and I’m inspired by the global rise of this treasured Japanese form of entertainment,” said Mangamo founder and CEO Buddy Marini in a press statement. “Mangamo offers something I’ve always wanted as a fan: an easy and affordable way to read a ton of new manga while giving back to the publishers and creators so they can continue to make the manga I love.”
It sounds like somebody, in contrast to US publishers, wants to provide the audience with a digital offering for their reading consumption. I still think printed books are better, but if the guy wants to get the stories he's putting online an audience, he's certainly doing something right. So, good luck to him on his venture, and give him some credit for setting a better example in his own way than US comic publishers who've ground their digital products to a halt.

Labels: , ,

There are a lot more free digital offerings to read than that!

http://www.thewebcomiclist.com

https://webcomicshub.com

https://new.belfrycomics.net

Yes, yall have been scorned by Marvel and DC and are furious. But stop carrying a torch for them and check out some of the other fish in the sea.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.