« Home | It makes no sense if artists would limit themselve... » | The biases of Jen Bartel » | An offensive distortion and justification of Alan ... » | When will DC close, and will Jim Lee leave his pos... » | A new X-Men spinoff serves as a means to bring bac... » | This is what Screen Rant considers "key" details t... » | Screen Rant says Civil War 2 was Marvel's worst ev... » | Comic adventures about parenting are something the... » | Marv Wolfman doesn't think the latest Muppet incar... » | Grant Morrison is so desperate for attention, he's... » 

Wednesday, November 18, 2020 

Another example in an overly emphasized genre and angle

I've complained before about how darkness and grisly themes have been far too emphasized by authors and press alike, and here comes the writer Matthew Rosenberg promoting another graphic novel with crowdfunding that makes yet more use of the same (although I think Ed Brisson is the main writer): He promotes a story centered around murders, and something tells me this GN won't offer any focus on real life issues like illegal immigrants getting caught yet released by authorities, as was the case over the past years. It may be a creator-owned book, but it still sickens me whenever this is all some scribes can come up with, certainly those working in mainstream, as Rosenberg's been doing, since he's been one of the most recent X-Men writers.

Certainly, I'm aware there's fantasy-themed books on the crowdfunding market, along with fanciful adventure, if you'll call it that, but I've often gotten the impression much of that stuff is sidelined in favor of what Rosenberg is promoting here, and the MSM certainly doesn't do anything to question whether we have too much of this grisly drama pushed on the market and audience, and if we need more emphasis on optimistic fantasy again, to say nothing of fantasy that isn't plagued with politically motivated biases. For now, let's just say a book like what Rosenberg's touting is not something I'd waste my money on, and certainly not until I'm convinced there's a better balance in what gets marketed and promoted.

Labels: , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.