« Home | Minnesota's only Black-owned specialty store » | The first major movie based on Blue Beetle will be... » | Thor subtly attacks the UK Tories » | DC launches a Spotify podcast on the wrong foot » | Simpsons producers replace Harry Shearer as voice ... » | CBR sugarcoats Mortal Kombat comics as much as the... » | The Coronavirus' impact on the industry » | What's wrong with video game producer Hideo Kojima » | What 2 leftist comics creators and a film actor ar... » | There can be no doubt, Abraham Riesman must be del... » 

Saturday, February 27, 2021 

Japan's market measures in several billions

The Japan Times tells what the value of their manga industry is worth:
The value of Japan’s comic book market reached a record ¥612.6 billion ($5.77 billion) in 2020, up 23% from a year earlier, backed by the huge popularity of the manga series “Demon Slayer,” industry data showed Thursday.

[...] The value of comic book and magazine sales was estimated at ¥270.6 billion in 2020, up 13.4% from the previous year, while that of digital comics jumped 31.9% to ¥342 billion, the institute said.
That alone has got to be far more than the US industry could. An earlier report I once read stated the US industry makes about a billion dollars annually by comparison. So it continues to be clear manga is leading the way, while US comics continue their decline due to the flood of political correctness washing over them. And I suppose the only way the US industry will respond to this is by going more PC, and possibly even trying to keep foreign comics out of the market? If they do that, they'll be extremely foolish.

Labels: , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.