« Home | There is a way to mend damage to the Big Two's con... » | Maleficent is another example of villain worship, ... » | GI Joe introduces first Filipino cast member » | What Hollywood actors playing comics roles are say... » | SJW propaganda in an allegedly female-driven graph... » | Why hasn't there ever been an official Lord of the... » | Valdosta Daily Times sugarcoats a James Tynion Bat... » | An artist from Cape Town gets the all too easy cho... » | A school's comics project deals with cancer, but a... » | Some history of how Gareb Shamus founded Wizard an... » 

Saturday, May 22, 2021 

The subject is important, but again, a shame it has to be Marvel doing it

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette wrote about Marvel's EMS project honoring medics in the city:
Comic books have the power to bring readers to tears — especially when they see themselves on the page.

It’s not something Tanika Bryant, a 42-year-old East Liberty resident who has spent almost 23 years as a Pittsburgh paramedic, ever expected to see. But there she was, uniform and all, enshrined in ink as part of “The Vitals: True EMS Stories,” the second comic-book collaboration between Marvel Comics and Allegheny Health Network.

“It means the world to me,” Bryant told the Post-Gazette. “It helps to know that someone recognizes us, especially someone as big as Marvel. To see me in it, I’m so speechless and so thankful. I’m still crying now.”

Bryant was one of three Pittsburgh emergency medical services workers who was chosen to have their stories featured in this sequel to last year’s “The Vitals: True Nurse Stories,” which was one of 2020’s most-read digital titles on Marvel.com.
If that's so, it'd surely amount to more audience than their superhero comics are getting now. Certainly, the subject matter is important. Even so, I still think Marvel's not the place to do this, after all the harm they're still doing to their superhero titles and casts. With stories so bad there, you can't be surprised if they've bored people to tears. It's too bad they won't repair and ensure the quality of their superhero fare is as good as the biographical comic they've produced.

Labels: , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.