« Home | Fox News on Mike Baron's Private American campaign... » | What else took place at the Delhi comicon » | New specialty store opens in Williamson, WV » | 2 articles about sports-related projects » | India's industry sees a resurgence, and Rick Leona... » | European cartoonist uses free speech issues as an ... » | 3rd Wonder Woman film dropped from WB projects » | Mike Baron's Private American was once again targe... » | Valdosta Daily Times fawns over the Batman Who Laughs » | Filmmaker James Cameron's uninterested in making c... » 

Wednesday, December 21, 2022 

New writer for Asterix says he'll remain faithful to what made it work

Radio France International announced the newest writer assigned to work on the late Rene Goscinny/Albert Uderzo's Asterix, who'll pen the 40th volume to be published next year:
Fabcaro - the pen name for Fabrice Caro - will be the fourth writer carrying on the story of Asterix, the defender of the last Gaulish village to hold out against the Roman empire, thanks to a magic potion that gives superhuman strength.

"I was a huge fan of Asterix. This is a great gift to the child that I once was," said Fabcaro, who is best known for his 2015 comic "Zai Zai Zai Zai", in which a man goes on the run after forgetting a shop loyalty card

"I want to stay faithful to... what makes Asterix so appealing. With classic ingredients such as the anachronisms, the puns... And especially remain faithful to the characters."
Well I sure hope he does, in an era where political correctness has sadly damaged or totally destroyed a lot of famous creations. If he and his editors really want this to be successful, they'll have to prove they're capable of doing something worthy of our money.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.