« Home | The rise and fall of superhero movie fare, all bec... » | Tifton Gazette fawns all over Darth Vader » | Even in anime/manga fandom, some people attack fic... » | Chuck Dixon condemns the Big Two for their closed ... » | Indian comics being replaced by mainstream USA's s... » | An example of Beauty and the Beast's male-bashing ... » | Why is Spider-Man punching the strongest hero of t... » | How CrossGen came close to making Hollywood deals » | Chuck Dixon disappointed with Marvel's embarrassme... » | Image moving from Diamond to Simon & Schuster dist... » 

Saturday, August 12, 2023 

Another article about Black Josei Press

Scripps News wrote an item about a small publisher producing comics spotlighting Black protagonists, which I'd written about before a year ago, but it turns out, again, that this publisher goes out of their way to support woke ideologues:
The U.S. comic book industry is full of stories about fantastical worlds with superheroes, multiverses and cartoonishly evil villains, but one writer and publisher is opening the door for stories celebrating real life — and specifically, the real, rich lives of women of color.

"I decided to self-publish and I did a Kickstarter, because I didn't see anything like that in other publishing companies," said comic book writer and publisher Jamila Rowser. "I was like, 'Nobody’s going to publish this, and I don’t want them to try to make me change the story to be whitewashed or anything, so I’m gonna do it myself.'"

In an industry where less than half of all comic book writers are women and less than 6% are Black — according to research from the job recruiting platform Zippia — Rowser is on a mission to support her favorite Black and brown artists.

The Eisner-nominated writer of "Wash Day Diaries" is also the founder of Black Josei Press, an indie comic publisher for women of color and queer artists.
And one must wonder why it's such a big deal to give backing to LGBT ideologues? Well, that must surely hint at the problem here: they feel they must be that "inclusive", and can't leave out the LGBT ideology, no matter what. Such is the problem with leftist ideologues, and it just undermines their whole point and purpose. Lest we forget, some of the same people associated with this company even had the gall to bring "straight old white men" into the mix, and that was uncalled for too.

I wish them good luck with their venture, but if they keep up that political rhetoric, it's only going to dampen the impact of their goals. That's the problem with many leftist entertainment industry contributors today - they don't know how to keep politics out of the picture.

Labels: , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.