« Home | The New Statesman almost gets it, but then sinks i... » | How Marvel's actually lacking in diversity, in the... » | Ardian Syaf blames Jews for getting him fired from... » | Despite his liberal stance, the press turns on Dav... » | Whether Ardian Syaf was fired, he's not the only o... » | We mustn't forget the Islamic propaganda DC shoved... » | The Indonesian artist who snuck anti-Jewish and an... » | How long will Mark Waid stay away from Twitter? » | Manga readers lose interest in One Piece because o... » | Supergirl TV show's season 2 keeps up the left win... » 

Monday, April 17, 2017 

Live action adaptation puts politics in the Shell

The recent live action remake of Mamoru Oshii's 1995 anime based on the manga from 1989 may not have been a big success. But as this Australian Daily Review article about the film reveals, something may have gone by unnoticed during all the fuss made by SJWs worried about whitewashing (which they never did when Man of Steel turned Perry White black), this despite how Japanese audiences aren't bothered:
Major has been told her brain was taken from an immigrant killed by terrorists, but all is not what it seems etcetera etcerera.
Most certainly not. Did the filmmakers conceive a metaphor for trying to separate between illegal immigrants and terrorists infiltrating western countries? I saw the anime film nearly a decade ago, and I don't remember any of this propaganda taking place there.

The funny thing is how, despite the movie bearing a likely political stance reflecting their own, SJWs clearly weren't interested in the live action film regardless if the box office returns say anything. Still, I think some manga creations work far better as they are on the printed page.

Labels: , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.