« Home | Fabian Nicieza is the latest of "creators" going i... » | Could Jason Aaron's planned Conan run be filled wi... » | Psylocke returns to a caucasian body, and Kwannon ... » | 9 tweets by J.T. Krul » | Literary writer with no prior comics scripting exp... » | A Japanese video game producer was "inspired" by M... » | Jeff Lemire doesn't want any help from Comicsgate » | The SJWs turn against Brian Bendis » | Why is it such a big deal Batman be rendered an at... » | Today's SJWs follow the Wertham formula in attacki... » 

Thursday, August 30, 2018 

Mike McKone goes way overboard

Artist Mike McKone, whose credits include the overrated Teen Titans volume written by the awful Geoff Johns in the mid-2000s, posted a vile attack on Comicsgate. His choice of words is stunningly perverse:


Oh...my...god. And this man has the gall to promote himself as talented? As if the first weren't bad enough, he even resorts to bizarre race-baiting, acting as though not a single person in Comicsgate are POC or female and could also take offense at his statements, which makes his comment racist/sexist as well. Wow, I am so glad I got rid of 3 trades I bought of his TT work long ago. It was a truly awful investment, as I learned the hard way. What McKone's done is as demeaning to cancer victims as it is to customers and consumers. But, I fully expect DC and anybody else giving this disgraceful artist paychecks he doesn't deserve to turn their backs to his antics, including Johns himself, who never apologized for going along with the direction Identity Crisis set for Dr. Light, nor for any of the icky allusions to sexual abuse he injected into his writings, including at least one example in Avengers #71 vol.3 when he was writing for Marvel as well.

McKone got some well deserved backlash from other readers, including the following:



More about this subject at Bounding Into Comics. So far, I have no knowledge whether Johns or any other writers/artists who've worked with McKone have condemned him, but again, I don't expect them to take any responsibility. At the least, this'll hopefully serve as a wakeup call to how bad Johns, and some of the other writers McKone's worked with in the past 2 decades, really are. Of all the vile taunts creators could make against Comicsgate campaigners, McKone's really sinks low.

Labels: , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.