« Home | What good does even a What If? comic based on the ... » | This is why the following video game based on Suic... » | A crime-thriller starring teen girls that unfortun... » | Some online comic strips are turning up based on M... » | Geoff Johns wrote his last insult to DC fans on hi... » | Non-fiction comics in France » | Conventions allowing actors accused of serious off... » | Richie Rich comics turning up on the speculator ma... » | Today's collectors market may not be as workable a... » | Artists taking stands against use of AI » 

Saturday, February 03, 2024 

Grumble, grumble: one of my statistics counters now has "malvertising" on it

At least that's what my AVG program is telling me. It's sad to discover that one of the counter sites I use, Webstat, appears to be generating a frame above the counter itself that's laced with "malvertising", and for me anyway, it leads to a situation where the AVG tells me it's intercepted the potential viruses and phishing trash that could come with it almost every time I load the main page.

So I though it best to write this post to let everybody who might've gotten similar messages know that I'm aware of the problem now affecting a statistics counter I've had for possibly over a decade now, and I wrote a message about it to the Webstat server's support system, but if no promising reply is received, I realize I may have to jettison the counter after all these years. Fortunately, I do have others that're also good, and hopefully won't be affected by such unpleasant issues.

Update: there are some ads turning up now that seem to work properly without prompting the AVG to say malvertising was intercepted. Maybe things are improving on Webstat's end, but even so, it's a shame when annoying cases like these occur, and it's not like anybody actually wants ads put on their statistics counters that easily.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.