« Home | Aggravating » | Slate presents the whole 9-11 Commission Report: A... » | Process continues » | Blogcritics.Org: Civil War's jumped the shark » | Funny Dork Tower cartoon » | Superheroes to help in charity fundraising for chi... » | Matthew Broderick almost suffered an accident simi... » | Zadzooks goes down to zero » | Today, I'm going to the Tel Aviv Comics Convention » | But what's the troops opinion on the story? » 

Friday, September 08, 2006 

Stan Lee meets his own creations

As told in this press release:
Stan Lee commemorates his 65th year at Marvel with a series of one-shots uniting him with his greatest characters! The first of these, Stan Lee Meets Spider-Man, features an encounter between Stan and everybody’s favorite wall-crawler, penned by "The Man" himself.

Plus, Joss Whedon and Michael Gaydos produce a second tale in tribute to Stan involving an interdimensional cross-time comic book convention. What better way to honor the man responsible for much of Marvel’s success than with an all-new story by the writer of Astonishing X-Men and the artist behind Alias and The Pulse.

And if that wasn’t enough, Stan Lee Meets Spider-Man also contains a classic Stan Lee-scripted story from Amazing Spider-Man #87, in which Spider-Man reveals his identity to his closest friends. Plus, Fred Hembeck joins in the festivities, rallying some of Stan's least-beloved creations to join the party! It’s four stories in one legendary book as Stan Lee celebrates 65 of working at the House of Ideas.
Hopefully, it'll be a lot better than the quagmire Spidey's own ongoing titles have sunk into these past six years or so. I wish Stan good luck on this.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.