« Home | Going on a vacation for 2 and a half weeks » | Extra gore turns up in BND "extra" » | Starlin stumbles » | Texas library's comic workshop » | Brevoort gets even worse » | It looks like the Judas Contract is being rehashed » | Graphic novels topping children's reading lists » | "Low sales" was once a perfect disguise for bias b... » | Comics exhibition at Freeport Arts Center in Illinois » | Comic Book Carnival Twenty-Three » 

Saturday, August 23, 2008 

Sales declined again in July

Found some time to blog again, and as ICV2 reports (via The Beat), sales were down again last month:
The dollar total for comics purchased by comic stores dropped again in July, by 3%, the sixth consecutive month of year over year declines. It’s getting harder to lay the declines at the feet of tough comparables, with the tail end of Civil War Initiative and Captain America: Fallen Son titles, along with World War Hulk, not providing particularly tough competition for the year over year comparisons. Certainly general market conditions are having an impact, with store visits and purchases impacted by inflation and other macro-economic issues.
Actually, maybe it is possible to lay some blame on them, as event and plot driven stories like those are in some ways to blame for leading to the decline of current sales, as more and more people become discouraged from buying them because of how these crossover-style books end up costing more money, and aren't really leading anywhere special. I predict that another price rise is likely to come with this.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.