« Home | Comic Book Carnival Twenty-Six » | Comics and the economic recession » | Geoff Johns's gross lanterns » | Anti-gang comics » | Superman actor may get it » | Just which redhead is returning in X-Men? » | Bat-manga » | Torture in Ms. Marvel #32 » | Bowling Green University's exhibition » | Final Crisis artist won't be drawing its final issue » 

Friday, November 07, 2008 

DC cans 3 Batman-related series

Robin, Nightwing and Birds of Prey: all gone come their February issues.

Low sales could be one cause of their cancelation, but then, DC did do what to torpedo their sales and discourage their audience in the past couple years. Another may be Batman RIP, and the possibility that they are going to turn either Dick or Tim into the Masked Manhunter instead of Bruce, which by now fails to interest me. What's laughable is how, all these years, they supposedly had a problem with Batman being a control freak, so they allegedly try to make him human again, and then that apparently isn't enough for them either, so now, they try to create more interest by tossing him out of the picture. Sorry, but if they're going to claim that the Justice League actually wiped his mind while at the same time making it seem as though he's more concerned about what they're going to do in reaction to a rapist and less about how the victim feels, then they haven't rehumanized him at all, and I have no interest in this if it only furthers the joke.

I do get the feeling this could be one more sign of the slow demise of the pamphlet series, as even sales on Batman could be declining. Could this be another reason why Chuck Dixon left?

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.