« Home | Horrifying: Bill Ayers memoir to become graphic novel » | Comic Book Carnival Twenty-Nine » | What did Marvel and DC do this past year to get Di... » | Central Jersey Courier News pans "Batman RIP" » | Korean comics come to Europe » | Even Final Crisis wasn't safe from politicization » | Mike Baron on liberal dominance » | 36th Angoulême Festival begins » | FOX misses the mark » | Van Pelt Library Exhibit » 

Monday, February 09, 2009 

Marvel restarts the Ultimate line

At the New York ComiCon, Quesada and company announced that they were ending the current Ultimate line and starting a new one (via The Beat).
Turning to Ultimatum, Quesada showed slides of "Ultimate Requiems." "We're kind of saying goodbye to those books," said McCann. "We're canceling Ultimate Spider-Man," said Quesada to a startled crowd. [...]

"We are introducing Ultimate Comics," said Quesada. Bendis talked about Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, starting with a new #1, with David LaFuente as the new artist. "You can tell it's going to be good because it has the New Avengers lightning bolt on the cover," said Bendis.
Ha ha ha, very funny. I do wonder why they're still keeping on with this weak publicity stunt of cancel/relaunch? By now, I guess the Ultimate line has lost its momentum, though it wasn't much to crow over when it first began, recalling how disturbing Ultimate X-Men was when Mark Millar first wrote it. That title most certainly wasn't entry-level as they claimed it was way back in 2000.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.