« Home | Japan tries to rescue economy with manga » | Flash's Rebirth cannot escape darkness » | Thirty-First Comic Book Carnival » | Steve Ditko's Toyland » | Whoops. Looks like Scarlet Witch is not back » | Guess who unmasked again? » | Nashua Telegraph insults patriotism » | Waid's Irredeemable new storytelling » | Stan Lee's Time Jumper » | It looks like a wrong has been righted » 

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 

Rags Morales comes back to "fix" mistakes

Comic Book Resources says that Rags Morales is going to draw the next few Justice League issues, and he claims that he's going to fix some mistakes:
"In this particular arc that I'm working on, the characters I'm dealing most with are Kimiyo, the female Doctor Light; Firestorm; John Stewart; Vixen; a tiny bit of Black Canary and a bit with Superman who talks with Canary at the beginning of #32," Morales told CBR. "But the first four are the main characters I'm dealing with. Those characters, I haven't dealt with too much, maybe John Stewart the most, but they're all kind of new. And because of what I felt were the ill-advised directions in 'Identity Crisis,' I'm trying to get back to drawing superheroes the way people remember them with respect, of course, to making them look slightly different from each other."
I don't think he's being clear enough, and with the Milestone cast now added to the League, I'm not sure people will remember them well enough. The same can be said if the new Firestorm, Jason Rusch, is there instead of Ronnie Raymond.
Overall, those remain Morales' marching orders with his brief "Justice League of America" run: to improve on his past. "The funny thing is that I feel like I'm going back and fixing things that I did wrong in 'Identity Crisis,'” Morales revealed. “If you recall, back in 'IC,' there was a lot of talk of me using model sheets or having someone in particular in mind [for each character], and for me there are parts of it that failed. The feeling with iconic characters like Superman and Batman is that it's smarter to go with 'character' as opposed to 'who should play this character?' There's a different feel with that."
Wait a sec. Does he mean his artwork wasn't good enough? Well no, it wasn't; it was pretty wretched and uninspired. But that's still nothing compared with the filthy, shoddy, misogynist story he co-presented with Brad Meltzer, the real problem with his depiction of the Justice League at the time.

Too bad. For a moment there, I thought Morales had seen the light.

Labels: , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.