« Home | Even in Japan, manga is experiencing declines » | The terrible Truth Reborn? » | From mute to blind: a major embarrassment » | Spider-Marriage reappears in daily newspaper strip » | It's just too predictable » | Another bad omen for Teen Titans » | Missing the point again about the 2006 Superman movie » | Taiwanese cartoonist awes China » | Mark Steyn on superhero movies » | Literacy via comics » 

Saturday, May 30, 2009 

Dwayne McDuffie fired from JLA

No, he didnt quit, he was fired:
McDuffie clarified the situation on his boards later that day. "It was my own doing," posted McDuffie. "I was fired when [rumor column] "Lying in the Gutters" ran a compilation of two years or so of my answers to fans' questions on the DC Comics discussion boards. I'm told my removal had nothing to with either the quality of my work or the level of sales, rather with my revelation of behind-the-scenes creative discussions."
I wouldn't feel too bad if I were him. If Dan DiDio was that rotten towards him, he's better off staying away. It could even have a detrimental effect on DiDio, making him look more like the control freak he clearly is, and damage his own public image even further, which is what he deserves.

The writer who's said to take over is Len Wein. As much as I'd like to feel delighted that a veteran like him is taking up the reins on a book he'd worked on in the mid-1970s, I won't be surprised if he's only going to do as DiDio tells him to, and not muscle for creative freedom. If not, then his ascension is nothing to crow over, and will do little to slow the continuing demise of the pamphlet comic.

Labels: , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.