« Home | Ridiculous: "Global Warming Superheroes" » | Fear the line-wide crossover Itself » | Adrienne Roy, RIP » | Brian Hibbs sees gloom on the sales horizon » | 2010: a year that stank » | Dan Slott screwed up on CBR » | Tokyo puts ban on sale of explicit manga books to ... » | NY-based store going out of business » | Paul Levitz strikes out again » | Detective Comics Annual 12: Batman hires an Islamist » 

Thursday, December 23, 2010 

Mouldy oldy should've been left untold

DC is publishing a Teen Titans story written by Mark Sable called "Cold Case" that he actually wrote a few years before, and gathered dust until now, as he reedited the script. It should've kept gathering cobwebs, because, as he tells on his blog (also via Speed Force):
It’s actually the first meeting between the Titans and The Flash’s Rogues gallery, so Cold is just one of the MANY villains the Titans face. I don’t want to give too much away, but the story also ties into Brad Meltzer’s Identity Crisis, providing an answer to an unresolved mystery there.

If you’re worried that you won’t understand the book because it takes place in the Titans’ past (or because you didn’t read Identity Crisis, or follow the Titans or Flash etc.) – don’t. DC didn’t just dust this story off and publish it. I went back and did a major rewrite, with the primary aim being to make this book as accessible as any other I’ve written.
Oh, I'm not worried, and he doesn't need to give away much more either. If it's connected with Identity Crisis, it's worthless. And we really don't need another story involving a murder (where are all the stories just featuring bank robberies, jewel heists, and kidnapees who need saving? In fact, where are the stories that don't involve these costumed villains? There've been too many with deaths and costumed crooks lately as it is).

If memory serves, Sable co-wrote a story in Supergirl #16 where Kara looked as though she was having bizarre "memories" of killing her mother with crystals. Thankfully, that story did not hold, and has since been done away with (well, we can only hope). I think Sable's only made a handful of contributions to DC to date, but if he was willing to write something so pretentious and downright embarrassing, I sure wouldn't consider him suitable for writing the Titans, or the Flash, or even the Rogues.

Labels: , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.