« Home | Kyoto's manga museum exhibits American-drawn books » | Just as we might've thought: DC is still going to ... » | Marvel keeps up the confusion surrounding Cable » | DC cutting back on their digital offerings » | Eduardo Barreto dies at 57 » | RIP Joe Simon » | Manga on Japanese plane flights » | Marvel is dredging up the Phoenix for the umpteent... » | Captain Cold's powers are pointlessly internalized » | Jerry Robinson dies at 89 » 

Sunday, December 25, 2011 

Matt Fraction appears to have politicized the raid on bin Laden's hideout

Matt Fraction put together a webcomic for Gentleman's Quarterly about Team 6's raid on Osama bin Laden's hideout. Unfotunately, Fraction's leftist side seems to have gotten the better of him, if the description of bin Laden as an "old man" is any suggestion, and the writing runs the gauntlet of depicting the terrorist monster as near-sympathetic. And the use of "for God and Country" at the end reeks of a leftist bias too, or an attempt to smear the right as "jingoists" and religious fanatics.

Clearly, Fraction is one leftist writer who simply does not know how to leave his political biases at the door, and recognize that the main point of the termination of bin Laden was to punish a tyrant for plotting and masterminding the murder of 3,000 people on 9-11.

Labels: , , ,

Fraction is yet another reason why I haven't bought any new Marvel Comics in recent years. Like bendis before him, an overrated hack indie writer... I read like three issues of his X-Men run and stopped, it was so awful.

CP

Stay classy, Fraction. And Merry Christmas, anyway.

Fraction is one-tenth of a good writer.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.