« Home | It sounds like new Valiant's going to write a comp... » | Mark Waid is still making himself look foolish » | Jack Kirby's granddaughter joins Hero Initiative » | Larry Tye's new Superman history book » | Joe Kubert dead at 85 » | Satire and parody are not a defense for attacking ... » | Matt Fraction is writing the Fantastic Four » | Is Ben Affleck really qualified to direct a Justic... » | Joss Whedon will direct a sequel to the Avengers m... » | What If #30, Oct 1991: early leftism from Ron Marz » 

Saturday, August 18, 2012 

Alan Moore, still deluded as ever about Occupy movement

Alan Moore recently gave an interview to a UK website called Leftlion (and I'm sure it's quite that), and remains sugarcoated on the Occupy demonstrations:
When the Occupy movement kicked off last year – the V from V For Vendetta mask became a major visual symbol of the movement. How did that make you feel.

I was flattered. I thought it was a much better organised protest movement than anything that we saw in the 1960’s. When it was happening, Channel 4 took me down to this camp, and I got to meet these guys and girls, and I think they’re terrific and really well organised. They’ve got a lot of hard work in front of them and the recent setbacks demonstrate that. But they’re resilient and they’re evolving. With a bit of luck, I think they may be around for a while yet.

I’ve just recorded a track for Occupy records and done this big piece for Occupy comics. It was originally was just going to be a short essay, but I think I’m long past the point where I can do short essays about anything. So it turned into 21,000 words and they’re print excerpts from it in Occupy comics, and then publish the whole thing as a book, with the funds going to help the movement.
Boy, so even long after much of the Occupy mishmash has faded out, he remains as stubborn as can be, even after chaos took place at Picadilly Circus in London. Even if it were just the UK-based Occupy movement he was referring to, they too caused more than enough problems just like the ones in America, and some of their members even acted disorderly at the Olympics recently. All the more reason why Moore's poor perspective is disappointing.

And I wonder why they forgot to mention that the mask from V for Vendetta is really a Guy Fawkes mask?

Labels: ,

I suppose no one ever told Moore that the Occupy movement is pretty much dead now, at least here in the United States. The only place where it still has a foothold is Oakland, which isn't surprising considering that the Bay Area's been the breeding ground for radical leftism since the 1960s, but even there I think it's starting to lose steam.

Moore is probably as ignorant and drug-addled as any of the Brit creative types. If you live an ocean away and consider the BBC the "conservative" media, I'm sure you'll hear the message that the Occupy thugs were peaceful, well-organized, and effective - rather than what they actually were: a rabble-filled crime wave that the Dems used and then tossed away.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.