« Home | Is Geoff Johns afraid to mention a certain religion? » | Newsarama and new Marvel contributors are calling ... » | Matt Hawkins needs to do better research » | Catwoman becomes a New52 sacrifice » | Sarasota Herald-Tribune interviews Nick Cardy » | Joss Whedon attacks "hate radio" » | How is General Zod portrayed in new Superman movie? » | 3 tweets by Mark Millar about the UKIP » | "Projection" is just not the way to go » | 2 odd tweets by Fabian Nicieza » 

Saturday, June 01, 2013 

A Justice League movie might only happen if there's a sequel to new Man of Steel film

Indiewire posted some more pictures from the new Superman movie, and noted that now, there may be only be a Justice League movie if a sequel is made to the Man of Steel's new movie too:
...the pressing matter everyone wants to find the answer to right now: What's next, a sequel or a "Justice League" movie? Crave Online spoke to Henry Cavill after the press conference and while he's game, he doesn't seem to know what's going on. "Of course I’m open to it, very much open to it, but I have no idea what plans are for that," Cavill said. "I’m not privy to that kind of information. I think it would be a lot of fun to explore the character further and a continuing journey, but I know nothing about those plans so far."
And Collider spoke with director Zack Snyder, who said:
...I feel like you need … to get Superman a little further down the road, I think, before you can do a Justice League movie.
I think he's right on that. I've been well aware of how questionable their ability to get a coherent act together on these DC adaptations really is, and a movie based on the League at this point would surely be much too soon. In fact, if they're thinking of using Geoff Johns' storytelling to serve as source material for any planned screenplay, I'd say that would be a really bad idea. There's plenty of other, better stories from earlier writers (the Bronze Age would decidedly be the best era to research) that could provide just as good an idea for what baddies to use as adversaries for the League in a movie adaptation. They'd do well enough to look through those instead.

Labels: , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.