« Home | Why does Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D need superheroes to... » | Readers don't win with DC's villain's month » | Dan Slott keeps up the rants against guns but has ... » | Dark Horse hooks up with Random House as their boo... » | Troy Brownfield apologizes for Obama's talking to ... » | Comics still haven't garnered full respect » | Comic writers care more about leftist government t... » | Arrow TV series is going to become a platform for ... » | Salon thinks Garth Ennis' anti-war propaganda is w... » | Mark Waid lets his politics get the better of his ... » 

Thursday, October 10, 2013 

Japan's Gaiman Awards nominates New Avengers' Civil War arc for prizes

The Asahi Shimbun says the Gaiman Awards, given to comics published outside Japan and translated into Japanese for local readerships, has nominated Brian Bendis's New Avengers tie-in from Civil War for something it doesn't deserve:
The nominated works include "New Avengers: Civil War" from the United States, BD comic "The Eyes of the Cat," "Goliath" from Britain and "Now" from South Korea.
Bad choice. Curious that they're only doing it now, about 6 years after it was published, when the story's long ceased to generate blips on anybody's radar. If they elect this travesty for a prize, they'll have confirmed that the Gaiman Awards are a joke.

Labels: , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.