« Home | Bustle thinks House of M is famous, not Scarlet Wi... » | Simone will defend Wilson's work, but not Larsen's... » | Now Marvel tells us: Jane Foster is the female Thor » | Why would Archie need to launch a Kickstarter fund? » | The Omega Men have been desecrated, and Kyle Rayne... » | Scott McCloud says more girls are getting into the... » | Comic book buffs ridicule the SPLC's attack on Bos... » | The Fantastic Four ends with no telling if it'll r... » | Marvel simply won't let go of the leftist narrativ... » | Feminists might've spoiled Black Widow, but Reaxxi... » 

Saturday, May 16, 2015 

Archie cancels their Kickstarter campaign

Following a backlash, they've stopped the fund drive for their planned "reboot" that gave strong signals they're on their last legs:
In a statement released Friday, Archie Comics noted that, "while the response to these new titles has been amazing, the reaction to an established brand like Archie crowdfunding has not been," adding that although the intent had originally been to start work on the series ahead of a schedule allowed by Archie's own funds, the response "became another conversation, leading us further away from the purpose of this whole campaign… While we fully expected our goal to be funded, it was no longer about the books and how amazing they will be. We don’t want that. This is why we’re shutting the Kickstarter down today."

Response to the Kickstarter campaign from fans and professionals was split between excitement for the new launches and suspicion that a publisher that had been around for 75 years would require financial support to publish new material; along similar lines, there was upset about some of the reward levels, which included being followed on Twitter for $15, and digital downloads of the first issues of each of the new series for $20. (Both levels also included the backers' name being published in one of the series, as well as being signed up for Archie's e-newsletter.) [...]

Each of the three proposed titles will be published, according to the company, albeit on a delayed timeline [...]
What's the point of funding them and paying far more than the cover price for the pending books, which are already bound to be worthless in storytelling talent? It all came off sounding more like a swindling campaign. They're bound to go under in the forseeable future anyway, and if they do, it'll be their own fault.

Labels: , ,

The company will continue in some form, they're more low-key than others like Image and the like.

I like your post and various comic and imagies.
Lenskart Coupon

have a peek at this web-site
I really like your article. It’s evident that you have a lot knowledge on this topic. Your points are well made and relatable. Thanks for writing engaging and interesting material.

Thank you for another informative website. Where else could I get that type of information written in such a perfect way? I have a project that I�m just now working on, and I�ve been on the look out for such information. that site

I think that is an enchanting element, it made me assume a bit. Thank you for sparking my thinking cap. Once in a while I get so much in a rut that I simply really feel like a record. you could try these out

Vos paragraphe : bon quelques bons propos de d�saccord mais je remets en question de la v�racit� des chiffres supput�s ci dessus dans ce premier �tude click here to investigate

I would like to show thanks to you just for rescuing me from this particular matter. Just after checking throughout the the web and getting notions that were not powerful, I figured my life was done. Living without the approaches to the problems you have sorted out as a result of your guideline is a critical case, as well as ones that would have badly affected my career if I hadn�t noticed your web blog. Your main natural talent and kindness in controlling all the details was invaluable. I don�t know what I would have done if I hadn�t come upon such a solution like this. It�s possible to now relish my future. Thanks very much for this specialized and amazing help. I will not think twice to recommend your site to any person who would need assistance about this topic. read here

Can I merely say what a relief to find somebody who in fact knows what theyre discussing online. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and produce it critical. More people must ought to see this and understand why side in the story. I cant think youre not more popular because you undoubtedly contain the gift. click now

I have been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or blog posts in this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site. Reading this information So i��m glad to show that I have an incredibly good uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I such a lot indubitably will make certain to don��t forget this web site and give it a look a relentless basis. why not try here

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.