« Home | Four tweets by Darick Robertson » | Polish publisher gets sanctioned for comics mockin... » | Texas movie theater creates publicity stunt with w... » | The Atlantic's right about one thing: the business... » | Two political tweets by Dan Slott » | What makes Gizmodo think DC's honoring Jack Kirby ... » | Chinese martial arts novels become online comics » | It looks like Gerry Conway didn't like Roger Ailes » | Rich Buckler dead at 68 » | Two Polygon interviews with Steve Englehart » 

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 

Despite her leftism, director Patty Jenkins is defending WW's costume

CBS interviewed Patty Jenkins, the director of the new Wonder Woman movie, and she was willing to defend the classic costume today's SJWs are lambasting all for the sake of it. First though, I think I'll highlight the part about her first official movie:
Morality and femininity are issues that Jenkins has explored before. "Monster," the 2003 film she wrote and directed about serial killer Aileen Wuornos, earned Charlize Theron the Oscar for Best Actress. It ultimately put Jenkins in the running for her dream project.
It was also quite the liberal viewpoint, blaming society for Wuornos' actions, not she herself. The "morality" it explored sure isn't what I consider a perfect education.

Let's now turn to the main gist:
Inspired by the feminist movement, writer William Marston created Wonder Woman in 1941. The character has been featured in comic books and a live action TV show starring Lynda Carter, but she has not been without controversy.

Wagner asked Jenkins to address the criticism by some that a supposed feminist icon like Wonder Woman can't also wear a sexy, skimpy outfit.

"I think that that's sexist. I think it's sexist to say you can't have both. I have to ask myself what I would apply to any other superhero. This is fantasy and it's not for anyone other than the person having the fantasy. I, as a little girl, like took a huge amount of delight in the idea that for my power and my ability to stop that bully on that playground, I could also look like Lynda Carter while I was doing it," Jenkins said.
Well good for her! But since I'm aware of her leftism, that's why I'm wondering if Jenkins also thinks Islam has no blame in the damage it's done, recalling her subtle apologia a few months ago published in the Love is Love comic.

I'll give her credit for defending the famous costume. But what if it's because this has to do with the very movie she's directing, and not because she actually believes what she's saying? In that case, she wouldn't be making her statement altruistically.

Labels: , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.