« Home | Canadian comics store closes, partly due to Marvel... » | Marvel finally lets go of the evil-Cap angle » | A manga history exhibit in Thailand » | King Kirby's Centennial » | Even if it's an alternate reality tale, turning Jo... » | The history of chess moves in the comics » | Joss Whedon's wretched past comes back to haunt him » | A British publisher makes a comic lionizing the aw... » | Jerry Lewis' history as a funny-page hero » | What could be the exact politics of Tim Seeley's "... » 

Friday, September 01, 2017 

James Cameron makes a fool of himself attacking WW

Film director James Cameron, famous for producing movies like the Terminator and Aliens three decades ago, joined the SJW chorus by attacking Wonder Woman because she's beautiful, in an interview with the UK Guardian (via Truth Revolt). His nutty comments include:
“All of the self-congratulatory back-patting Hollywood’s been doing over Wonder Woman has been so misguided. She’s an objectified icon, and it’s just male Hollywood doing the same old thing! I’m not saying I didn’t like the movie but, to me, it’s a step backwards. Sarah Connor was not a beauty icon. She was strong, she was troubled, she was a terrible mother, and she earned the respect of the audience through pure grit. And to me, [the benefit of characters like Sarah] is so obvious. I mean, half the audience is female!”
So the only way to be a strong femme is to be as grotesque as the creature cast of Aliens, and a bad mom? Absolutely ludicrous. Besides, he forgets that Linda Hamilton was actually quite an attractive woman when she was active as an actress at the time they made the Terminator movies. Guess he forgot it since.

Patty Jenkins, the WW movie director, reacted to his idiocy, though to be honest, I find the angle she used for Monster from 2003, which Cameron upheld, far too liberal-laden, and not a great example of a film to uphold, though it does suggest why, according to the politics he goes by, he'd support such a movie.

In the end, Cameron's only made himself look like just another silly filmmaker who can't appreciate fantasy for what it is.

Labels: , , ,

James Cameron was named a director of the film, although he only had less than 10 films Vietnam hair

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.