« Home | Letter page from The New Guardians 6: was this wha... » | The original Jean Grey is returning after over a d... » | Kyle Higgins exploits Nightwing for subtle politic... » | Dan Jurgens turns Superman into defender of illega... » | Sales this autumn were at least a quarter less tha... » | Charles Soule acts as apologist for the DACA policy » | Marvel's SJW propaganda elements infect their pres... » | Len Wein, RIP » | Busiek sought another opportunity to attack Trump » | Frank Cho defends his style in Singapore » 

Monday, September 18, 2017 

There's still no reason to read Spider-Man

Here's a telling sign Marvel's not giving any reason to resume reading Spidey:
Marvel Comics has revealed "Venom Inc.", a new six-issue crossover storyline that will unite the publisher's Amazing Spider-Man and Venom comics this December.

Venom Inc. will kick off with a one-shot special called Venom Inc.: Alpha before moving into the pages of Amazing Spider-Man and Venom later in the month and concluding in Venom Inc.: Omega in January. The crossover will be a joint effort between ASM writer Dan Slott and Venom writer Mike Costa. [...]
When the same writers remain in the stable, on the same books, no less, it's a clear sign something still isn't right. I'd rather read the Venom stories from the late 80s-early 90s than something Slott brews up, which is bound to be as awful as his prior efforts. And it'll be no surprise if Mary Jane Watson's marriage to Peter Parker still isn't restored.

No, the Legacy initiative isn't going to change much of anything. If writers as dreadful as these are on board, then there's still perfect reason to remain off the boat.

Labels: , , ,

Heck, I'm still not convinced Rebirth isn't going to devolve back into New 52 type stuff. I never believed Legacy was going to change anything, although I was falsely hopeful when it was announced. As time went on I saw better.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.