« Home | Scott Lobdell was accused of another instance of s... » | How Spider-Man's secret identity was turned into a... » | Mad magazine comes to an end after nearly 70 years » | Tom King says he wrote the Heroes in Crisis plot, ... » | IDW hires a Vox co-founder to script Transformers ... » | George Perez's run on New52 Superman made him lose... » | So this is what Marvel movies will be about going ... » | Thor's hammer inscription changed for the sake of PC » | "Integral" doesn't equal exoneration or guarantee ... » | Will Marvel kill off Carol Danvers and replace her... » 

Sunday, July 07, 2019 

It looks like Marvel had reason to rid themselves of Sina Grace

The pseudo-writer who followed up on Brian Bendis' forced retcon of Iceman to homosexual ranted against C.B. Cebulski on his blog (via Bounding Into Comics), calling Marvel's staffers cowards, and explaining why they apparently distanced themselves from a man who's clearly a hopeless case. He said, for instance:
“An editor called, these conversations always happen over the phone, offering to provide “tips and tricks” to deal with the cyber bullying. I cut him off. All he was going to do was tell me how to fend for myself. I needed Marvel to stand by me with more work opportunities to show the trolls that I was more than a diversity hire. “We’ll keep you in mind.” I got so tired of that sentence.”
Which is little more than a cheap diversion from the fact he's one of various writers whose books aren't selling. Besides, if social media is really that bad, why bother to use it? Just use a blog, for crying out loud. And then, he even attacked C.B. Cebulski:
“Even after a year of the new editor-in-chief saying I was talented and needed to be on a book that wasn’t “the gay character,” the only assignment I got outside of Iceman was six pages along, about a version of Wolverine where he had diamond claws. Fabulous, yes. Heterosexual, yes. Still kind of the gay character, though.”
No kidding. Doesn't sound like he actually wrote a character who's heterosexual, then. But this does seem to confirm he's mad at Cebulski, even if he doesn't name him directly. And that they decided to part ways with him, as he may have proven more trouble than he's worth in the end.

And whatever books he wrote, they clearly didn't sell, confirming the "get woke, go broke" mantra, as his visions weren't considered impressive either. When somebody fails both artistically and financially, they can't be surprised if the employers will finally have to let them go. Which'll hopefully happen in eventual time with Dan Slott and Saladin Ahmed, to name but some examples who haven't proven box office bonanzas either. You just have to hope then, that DC won't recruit them as they did with an embarrassment like Brian Bendis.

The question remaining now is, will Iceman as a homosexual finally be abandoned, and he'll be restored to the heterosexual persona he was created with? I'd like to think Cebulski will at least do that much, but chances are always possible it won't happen, and DC won't reverse the needless retcons they made to Obsidian either, alas. Social justice, tragically, has taken hold in ways exceedingly difficult to get rid of.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Dan Slott's Fantastic Four is on of Marvel's top ten best selling titles; he seems to be doing okay for himself.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.