« Home | Greg Rucka's son arrested in BLM riot » | A biased AP Wire article about Indians in comicdom... » | Daredevil's history altered with a twin brother » | What's Alex deCampi's Dracula comic about, and wha... » | The new publishing company of the Breitweisers » | Why would Marvel cancel Rafael Nieves' Hellstrom T... » | The history of an African superhero created in the... » | SJW-She-Ra's producer gets slammed for allegedly m... » | Donna Troy isn't being done justice » | Chadwick Boseman, 1976-2020 » 

Monday, September 07, 2020 

Archie's descent into horror thrillers continues

If you're wondering how much further the Archie comics franchise has continued to degenerate into stuff that's unsuitable for children, North Central Pennsylvania's gushing over a crossover they published with Dark Horse adapting the Predator movie series, plunging the once famous teen protagonists into horror territory along with the alien hunters:
You read that right. Archie vs. the Predator.

I just recently finished this crossover from Dark Horse Comics and Archie Comics and loved every minute of it. This isn’t the Predator crossing over into Archie Comics and becoming a tamed down version of himself. No, it’s bloody, gory, and insanely fun.

It’s the story of Archie and his friends looking to have a memorable Spring Break until a juvenile Predator shows up the ruin the fun. I don’t want to give too much away, but Jughead definitely has a memorial scene in the comic. If you’re a fan of Archie Comics be warned, you will see blood and guts. If you’re a Predator fan, kick back and enjoy another great story from Dark Horse Comics.

Covey’s recommendations, “Personally, my favorite genre is horror, so a few companies have been releasing some awesome stuff gearing toward the spooky season. Lately, I do have to say that BOOM! Studios has been killing it with some hot titles lately including "Something is Killing the Children". Personally, I am most excited for The Boys as Season 2 of the Amazon Prime TV Series which is set to debut within the next couple weeks. I do not want to spoil anything, but we definitely recommend reading the series before watching the show. Come in and ask Tracey (Isle Of Comics Owner) about The Boys. She will tell you all about it.”
I think anyone who's going to make horror his/her top favorite ought to have their heads examined. If this is correct, Jughead's either taken down by the aliens, or, he attends the funeral of another victim? Oh, who cares, what matters is that once again, we have a case of more political correctness being forced onto creations originally intended for younger audiences, and now, suddenly, they lose all understanding of how to market, and can only sell them to an aging audience that doesn't know when to quit. Even if I were more into this genre Predator comes from, I wouldn't consider something like this worth my time, mainly because it's pretty apparent it won't provide much to think about, since from the descriptions, it doesn't take much to guess it's all about cheap sensationalism. And whatever Boom is up to with the other item cited in the column, I'm sure that's not something I'd want to waste time on either. This is just plain insulting.

Labels: , , , ,

Insulting, maybe. But when did horror become politically correct?

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.