« Home | What if new Red Sonja film succumbs to political c... » | Screen Rant thinks it's such a big deal a joke fro... » | Damian Wayne enters a Mortal Kombat-style arena » | NPR interviews Barry Windsor-Smith » | And this explains why I don't own Star Wars comics... » | LA Times makes it sound like comicdom was almost e... » | Why must we care Marvel's doing special covers spo... » | Flash Gordon comic strip made superhero fare possible » | Did Marvel rip off designs for recent Iron Man arm... » | A college paper actually thinks this is a great ti... » 

Saturday, May 08, 2021 

Netflix adapting another example built on a dark premise

The Hollywood Reporter says Netflix studios is adapting the following Dark Horse comic:
Blake Lively and Diablo Cody have teamed up to adapt Lady Killer, a feature adaptation of a comic book from Dark Horse Comics.

[...] The comic was written by Joëlle Jones and Jamie S. Rich, with Jones, who made a splash writing and drawing Catwoman for DC, supplying the art. Jones took inspiration from 1950s advertisements to craft a story set in that period and that focused on a picture-perfect housewife…who just happens to lead a secret life as a deadly killer for hire.
If the lady in focus is a villainess, then what we have here is another extension of the darkness plague the entertainment world's consumed with, where actors are obsessed with playing criminals. Which reminds me, again, of how much I for one dislike Margot Robbie's role as Harley Quinn in the live action DC movies, and find Netflix so discouraging. I wouldn't pay money for this overblown tommyrot. And all the while, nobody in moviedom tries to look for any comic product that's built on more optimistic storytelling to adapt, if at all.

Labels: , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.