« Home | Animator Charley Feldman's anti-Israeli positions » | The Atlantic's pathetic interview with Tom King, M... » | Canadian store managers sell to speculators » | What politicized plans DC has for Wonder Woman » | One of the producers of Superman IV: The Quest for... » | Mike Baron's Thin Blue Line was rejected by major ... » | Axel Alonso's still voicing PC positions as editor... » | Once defunct Arizona specialty store is being revived » | LGBT specialty publisher gets nationwide grant, in... » | Hollywood Reporter acts as apologist for Image's w... » 

Wednesday, December 08, 2021 

Very sad: George Perez has pancreatic cancer

Veteran artist George Perez, who drew memorable art for Avengers and New Teen Titans, along with Wonder Woman, reported that he's suffering from one of the worst forms of cancer, as reported by Collider:
George Pérez's legendary career at both DC and Marvel include classic comic book storylines like 1985-1986's Crisis on Infinite Earths and 1991's Infinity Gauntlet. In a Facebook post, Pérez announced that he had been diagnosed with stage three pancreatic cancer.

In the post, Pérez wrote that he received the diagnosis on November 27 and that the cancer is inoperable. Pérez, 67, was told by doctors that he has six months to a year to live. "I have been given the option of chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy," Pérez wrote in the post, "but after weighing all the variables and assessing just how much of my remaining days would be eaten up by doctor visits, treatments, hospital stays, and dealing with the often stressful and frustrating bureaucracy of the medical system, I've opted to just let nature take its course and I will enjoy whatever time I have left as fully possible with my family, friends, and fans." Pérez is currently planning on making one last public appearance to meet fans and will continue signing autographs.
I hope he can survive, but I realize in real life, relieving news is never so simple. It's a terrible shame it's come to this, because he did turn out some excellent products in the past, that some modern PC generations will never appreciate. For now, I wish him well, and thank him for the best stories he'd illustrated in his time as an artist.

Labels: ,

I heard same recently & it wasn't very long ago we lost Berni Wrightson & too many favorite creators passing...what a shame about George Perez. His artwork & writing always excellent & loved his work on anything! There will be a HUGE Void & I'll be saddened

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.