« Home | The Atlantic's pathetic interview with Tom King, M... » | Canadian store managers sell to speculators » | What politicized plans DC has for Wonder Woman » | One of the producers of Superman IV: The Quest for... » | Mike Baron's Thin Blue Line was rejected by major ... » | Axel Alonso's still voicing PC positions as editor... » | Once defunct Arizona specialty store is being revived » | LGBT specialty publisher gets nationwide grant, in... » | Hollywood Reporter acts as apologist for Image's w... » | Stephen King always chose Batman over Superman » 

Tuesday, December 07, 2021 

Animator Charley Feldman's anti-Israeli positions

I found some archived posts (here, here, here, here and here) and a screencap of disturbing comments made by animator Charley Feldman (a woman), who's worked on cartoons like Teen Titans GO and X-Men, who turns out to be yet another Hollywood type who despises her Israeli/Jewish heritage. I think the worst comment she made is the 5th one, which reads like this:
I vividly remember when on birth right (was I religious, nope, free trip I thought!). One evening they had us watch a video of Hamas propaganda allegedly shown to children to get them to hate Israel. In turn this was propaganda for US to feel existentially scared. I was furious.
Apparently, she believes hating Israel - and indoctrination for the same and worse - is justified for Islamofascists? This is atrocious, and suggests she's also somebody who's desensitized to violence and barbarism. And these, tragically, are the kind of people working on cartoons based on our favorite creations, superhero or otherwise. I think she's also working on a revival of the Muppets-based series Fraggle Rock, originally produced in the mid-80s. This is such an embarrassment, and it's practically what led to the blaming-victim mentality surrounding 9-11 in the past.

Last time I looked, Feldman locked her Twitter account, presumably because she realized she'd caused a lot of anger among more sensible people. I wish people like her would just leave the entertainment industry behind, and certainly not associate with pop culture icons that were created by Israeli/Jewish descendants. Mainly because she sure doesn't sound like she considers herself one of them.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.