« Home | The guests featured at Shreveport's Geek'd Con thi... » | Nintendo buys an animation studio » | Wash. Post writer doesn't seem to think highly of ... » | Wokeness continues in Marvel's current movies » | Mark Waid reviving Irredeemable » | Comics-inspired mural in Belgium has suggestions o... » | Canadian illustrator crafts his own superhero comic » | Author of Yu-Gi-Oh manga passes away after accident » | Long-running One Piece manga coming to a close » | Entertainment Weekly absolutely loves the Muslim M... » 

Sunday, July 17, 2022 

Eric July finds success with new publishing business

The New York Post spotlighted podcaster Eric July, who's been crowdfunding his own comics venture built on very non-woke directions, and has made significant achievements:
In a world full of “woke” culture, one man is taking an artistic stand.

Writer, content creator and musician Eric July is adding a new feather to his cap: comic book creator. July officially launched his first comic book “Isom #1” through publishing company Rippaverse on Monday — and it’s been a smashing success.
Which is why leftists on social sites like Reddit, unfortunately, oppose him:
July’s book has already brought in more than $1.7 million in pre-orders in just the first four days. Nearly 19,000 people have pre-ordered — but not everyone is happy about it.

The release of “Isom #1” created somewhat of a stir on social media, particularly Reddit, where promotional videos for the comic book were banned from certain subreddits for “supporting comics from hate groups.”

But July tells Fox News Digital his comic book company is no such thing. “A lot of it has to do with the fact that I am a person that they simply do not like,” he said.

July, a self-described libertarian, hosts his own podcast and has appeared on several media outlets as a political commentator. July said he is “on a mission to spread liberty, speak out against nonsense and work towards a more free and prosperous society.”

July said a lot of entertainment today is out to “beat people over the head with stuff like social justice” and left-leaning agendas.

“To see the industry go in the direction that it’s gone kind of lights a fire under you,” July said. “It’s not like it’s getting any better. These people are doubling down on everything that they’re doing no matter how often the fans reject it.”

So, he created Rippaverse.

“I put my money where my mouth is,” July said. “I just started a comic book company. I told people I’m not beating the audience over the head with my individual political views with this, and that got me called the most ugly names I’ve probably ever been called in my life.”
It's just astounding how it's gotten to the point where being leftist and espousing such visions in all instances is now seen as a requirement by PC leftists. Of course, if you produced a comic with what's considered a right-wing leaning, that too would receive hostile reactions from them.

I wish July success with his venture, and let's hope it leads to a significant direction for indie comics in the future.

Labels: , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.