« Home | The implosion of animator Justin Roiland's career » | Seth Rogan's defense of the Marvel movies is very ... » | Yet another horror comic adapted to live action » | James Gunn's live action Scooby Doo had wokeness i... » | Fan encyclopedias become further embarrassments » | UK animation producer blames Brexit for troubles w... » | Libraries sink into leftism that manga won't save » | Ethiopian superheroes » | DC continues to push woke ingredients nobody asked... » | Sci-fi writer Larry Correia faces wrath of cancel ... » 

Sunday, February 12, 2023 

Mike Baron files lawsuit against Daily Kos

Bounding Into Comics announced Baron's launched a lawsuit against the far-left website Daily Kos over the incitement they caused, all because they hated the premise of his graphic novel Private American:
Despite that setback, it wasn’t the end. Baron and his team were able to keep the crowdfunding going on Indiegogo and Crowdfundr. “I’ve been a writer my whole life. Job one is to entertain. Private American grabs you by the throat on the first panel and never lets go. No lectures or bumper stickers. I only wish to be left alone to create entertaining stories,” he said.

However, in calling me a terrorist and racist, and deliberately misrepresenting my work, the Daily Kos has left me no choice. My previous graphic novel, Thin Blue Line, was about two police trying to survive a night of rioting. The Daily Kos described it as about ‘gangs of white police officers going into black communities to kill black people.’

“The two protagonists don’t kill anyone in the book. The person who wrote this has never read it. We contacted the Daily Kos and asked if they would like to see the book. They reluctantly agreed. My publisher made it available to them as a PDF. That was over a month ago. As of today, they have not looked at it.”

On Jan. 10, a GoFundMe campaign launched to raise money for legal support for Baron, with the copy stating: “We’re raising money to pay for writer Mike Baron’s legal fees to fund a lawsuit against the Daily Kos website, their writer, and other parties, for publishing malicious lies about his two most recent graphic novels Thin Blue Line and Private American.”

By Jan. 27 the campaign reached its target. “We’ve hit out goal and will now proceed to retain our legal representation for the battle ahead.” The campaign remains active and those wishing to contribute to it can still do so at the GoFundMe page.
I wish him good luck on this lawsuit. It's clear the leftist site's writers' positions were predetermined, and they were predisposed to hating his products, all because they represented visions they despise and now view as taboo. The crass, vulgar attitude they put on display is particularly offensive, and a textbook example how not to convey dissent. Let's also hope the crownfunding websites that shadowbanned Baron's campaigns will stop doing that too. Because that was equally wrong and politically motivated.

Labels: , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.