« Home | James Gunn's live action Scooby Doo had wokeness i... » | Fan encyclopedias become further embarrassments » | UK animation producer blames Brexit for troubles w... » | Libraries sink into leftism that manga won't save » | Ethiopian superheroes » | DC continues to push woke ingredients nobody asked... » | Sci-fi writer Larry Correia faces wrath of cancel ... » | The French love affair with bande desinee » | Superficial article about long-running series that... » | The cloud of controversy at this year's Angouleme » 

Thursday, February 09, 2023 

Yet another horror comic adapted to live action

Just what the world needs in animated format. Still another horror comic is adapted into a cartoon series, as Variety reports, based on Scott Snyder's Wytches:
Amazon has ordered an animated adaptation of the comic book series “Wytches,” Variety has learned exclusively.

The comic was created by Scott Snyder and Jock. It tells the story of “17-year-old Sailor Rooks, whose family moves to a remote New England town after a tragic accident, only to discover that a burrow of monsters—ancient creatures that prey on our darkest fears and desires—lurks beneath the town,” per the official description.

Snyder and Jock will both executive produce along with Plan B Entertainment, Project 51 Productions’ Kevin Kolde, and Amazon Studios.
I wonder where they get the money needed to serve as producers? As I recall, the very left-wing Greg Rucka had producer's credit on a live action TV show based on Stumptown. Do these overrated wokesters really take that much pride in their equally overrated comics, they're willing to spend so much on the kind of works that depress more than inspire?
“‘Wytches’ is possibly my most personal work,” Snyder said. “It’s all about the monsters that dwell beneath the surface of things, both literally and figuratively. I’ve been intimately involved with this animated series from the start, and I can honestly say that I love this show as much as the book, if not more. The animation brings the incredible art by Jock to life, and the episodic format expands the world of ‘Wytches,’ taking the characters and mythology to terrifying new places. Jock and I are deeply grateful to Plan B Entertainment, Kevin Kolde, and Amazon Studios for believing in ‘Wytches’ and giving us a chance to make this show dark, personal, twisted, and very special.”
If that's the emphasis they consider a big deal, it's all the more reason to turn off the TV set. Making it dark and twisted doesn't make it special. By contrast, you rarely ever hear these scribes discussing optimism and a sense of humor the same way. How much more of these dark cliches must we be hearing of?

Labels: , , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.