« Home | She-Hulk's latest cover illustration is great, but... » | Ohio parents offended at marketing of explicit GN ... » | One Piece's mangaka really shouldn't have approved... » | That's the reason for DC's new swimsuit special co... » | This so-called "rabbi" who collects comics is an e... » | The creations of an artist from Lake Tahoe » | Jewish-created comics aren't immune to modern cens... » | 1990s indie comic starring American Indian cast is... » | If this comic was done as a UNESCO project, will i... » | Leftist Tom Taylor's new GN wins award for reimagi... » 

Saturday, September 09, 2023 

An illustrated Jewish guide to food

AISH reviewed a comic-style book about Jewish food and recipes titled The Jewish Deli: An Illustrated Guide to the Chosen Food, developed by Ben Nadler:
Illustrator Ben Nadler subtitled his new book, `The Jewish Deli, with the following: An Illustrated Guide to the Chosen Food. Yet, I like to think of the book as more than a guide, but as a visual encyclopedia of Jewish food past and present. Nearly every Eastern European Jewish food you have ever heard of can be found while combing through the pages of The Jewish Deli. But unlike traditional encyclopedias, this book brings entries to life with comic-like drawings. Nadler draws readers in with the “faded pastels of the old storefronts; the lined-up jars of colorful dried fruits; the intricate old labels on stacked cans of fish; the gradients of meaty pinks and reds behind the counter glass,” (page 6). It is through these visuals that Nadler hopes to help readers feel confident in what to order at a Jewish deli.
And I do feel confident in reading a GN about food recipes and preparation. Great that the guy thought of producing this kind of comic.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.