« Home | The Kingpin is no longer recognizable » | Scottish comic about the history of a military St.... » | Disney remaking League of Extraordinary Gentlemen » | Brussels comic festival resumes in September » | Book Riot does sugarcoated spotlights on villainy,... » | A Disney animator who defends Song of the South, w... » | History of the RIPD comic and Hollywood adaptation » | A cartoon on Netflix too blatant even for modern w... » | Much too late to recommend Hawkeye's comics origin... » | New small publisher in Nova Scotia, Canada, and yo... » 

Thursday, August 24, 2023 

AWA publishes an erotic thriller

The publisher co-founded by Bill Jemas and Axel Alonso is turning out something with a certain emphasis which the latter made a mockery out of during his time as Marvel's EIC, according to Newsarama:
Sex and technology collide in Red Light, a new erotic thriller from writer Sarah Cho and artist Priscilla Petraites for AWA Studios. The four-issue series explores the limits of artificial intelligence and asks the age-old question: what makes a human?

[...] "I knew I wanted to write something in the erotic thriller space and focus on a protagonist we haven't really seen before - the most unlikely hero in a sense," said Sarah Cho. "I've always been a writer who explored the interiorities of unexpected protagonists, and I knew the themes of female agency and the importance of empathy were crucial for telling this story right."

[...] "Working with AWA has been such a good fit for Red Light because they don't shy away from edgier topics and are all in for unique and creative ideas," continued Cho. "Their enthusiasm for originality and for my project has really helped me do my best writing."

[...] AWA's chief creative officer Axel Alonso described the new book as "a unique and thoroughly fascinating take on the intersection of sex and one of the most front-of-mind topics of the day: A.I."
Cho may be related to artist Frank Cho, who did some cover illustrations for the project. But as anybody familiar with Alonso's conduct during his time as Marvel EIC may agree, it's hilarious how, in the years after he'd left his position, here, in a job involving independent creations, he's actually willing to put all the emphasis needed on developing a tale with an emphasis on sex, with the only query being whether the POV will be sex-positive, or take an Orwellian position on sex that's likely been around for more time than we think. Apparently, depending on the situation, if you're not working for the Big Two [anymore], the SJWs won't make a fuss.

Even so, I'm not particularly keen on supporting the work of a publisher founded by at least 2 people who sowed the seeds of Marvel's destruction in over 2 decades, and if AWA doesn't work out as Alonso/Jemas are hoping, that's okay. They messed up Marvel for real back in the day, so why should anybody be in such a hurry to finance their new publisher's pockets?

Labels: , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.