« Home | Interesting review of Teen Titans #26 Vol. 3 » | Identity Crisis was "inspired" by a bad story » | DC didn't say earlier that you'd need to read Supe... » | Fantastic Four computer console games » | Did Avi Arad stoop to propaganda? » | LA Times fawns over "The First Genuine Middle East... » | Don't be fooled by this little "double-trick" » | Since when did a chimpanzee alone make the book wo... » | James Doohan, RIP » | Jim Aparo, RIP » 

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 

The Frightful Four sales-via-controversy statements

There's something more or less in common that the following four quotes have. And it's practically chilling, whenever I think about it:
"If nobody really cared, that's an insult to us. . .If they hate it, that's great. If they love it, that's great. But if they are like, 'Ehhh. . .So what? No big deal,' those are the ones that would bother us." - Rags Morales, in an interview with the AP Wire

"Love it or loathe it, Identity Crisis was truly an event" – Andrew Smith (Captain Comics), December 26, 2004, Scripps-Howard News Service

"Identity Crisis, whether you like it or not, has ushered in a new era for DC and has been quite profitable. It also left several loose plot threads for other creators to tackle." -- Carl Towns, reviewing JLA #115 for Paperback Reader

"I'm also can't wait to read the final issue of Identity Crisis. Like it or not, it's gotten a lot of people talking about it." -- Lefty Brown's Corner, December 14, 2004
Notice anything similar about the quotes above?

I'm not sure exactly how to describe it, but, what you see above is a textbook example of how to talk DOWN to the audience. It's insulting to the intelligence, and it's not how any professional should try and draw in an audience.

And I figure this pretty much explains why Paperback Reader seems to have such a tiny audience.

Labels:

I also read Identity Crisis because I'm a sucker, but I have not bought any of the follow-ups. I didn't care the Countdown was a dollar. I agree - it's sad that DC (or Marvel, for that matter) don't care if people hate their stuff. I can hate it vicariously and not give them money.

Agreed. Similarly, it's a shame that the press did almost the same thing, and doesn't care if people hated the books either.

The article you write is very nice, a lot of new interesting things I know after reading the content of your article
Thank you very much been willing to share information that is really very helpful this
when when I will come back here.

Cara Tepat Mengatasi Kaki Keseleo atau Terkilir
Mengenal Penyakit Kanker Payudara
10 Macam Jenis Infeksi Kulit
Obat Herbal Infeksi Kulit
Jenis Penyakit Yang Disebabkan Oleh Virus

given article is very helpful and very useful for my admin, and pardon me permission to share articles here hopefully helped :

Obat amandel bengkak
Obat radang gusi alami
Cara mengatasi sering kencing

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.